Graduates of the BS Program in Computer Science or Information Technology will:
Be successful in applying for entry level professional positions in computing-related fields, or for admission to graduate programs.
Be prepared for career accomplishment, responsibility and advancement in computing-related professions by virtue of having received in the BS program
- A high-quality technical education in computing,
- Communication and team-work skills,
- Awareness of the ethical and social responsibilities of their profession,
- An ability to engage in continued professional development activities.
BS - CS Student Outcomes
To complete the program of study for the BS in Computer Science, every student will:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the foundation areas of Computer Science including discrete structures, logic and the theory of algorithms.
- Demonstrate proficiency in various areas of Computer Science including data structures and algorithms, concepts of programming languages and computer systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in problem solving and application of software engineering techniques.
- Demonstrate mastery of at least one modern programming language and proficiency in at least one other.
- Demonstrate understanding of the social and ethical concerns of the practicing computer scientist.
- Demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively in teams.
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
- Have experience with contemporary environments and tools necessary for the practice of computing